"Come along, just be who you are, come out and play with Alcazar"
Let’s count down the things that make a genius pop song.
1. Band arrive in a mirror ball? Check
2. Including the band’s own name in the lyrics of the song? Check
3. Key change? Check. In fact, have two. By the end, you may as well have another one as well.
4. A great big pop “WOOOOOOOOOOOH”? Check
5. Wind machine? Check
6. Dangerously high heels? Check
All of these things happen, within one minute and 15 seconds of this song starting. It is the carpet bombing of “the pop”.
Naysayers will naturally assume that all one does is go in to a studio and press the button marked “Europop” and that somehow, these things just happen. They don’t.
No doubt, the Swedish public will choose to send another song BUT, this is Alcazar’s 374th time of attempting to qualify for Eurovision, and I truly hope Sweden makes the right decision. Alcazar are the bleeding heart and soul of “the pop”.
I love them and this is a brilliant pop song